From: darkdefende@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Ebuild Generator week 1 update
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 14:28:14
1 Hello all gentoo users and GSoC students!
2
3 My goal for this GSoC is to write a ebuild generator in
4 python that will be able to guess deps, useflags, how to
5 compile and install projects.
6 I hope that but the end of the summer I will at least be
7 able to generate ebuilds for projects with somewhat sane
8 build and install procedures.
9
10 So far I've learned how to use ply for parsing files and
11 written a simple program to search dirs for specific files
12 and look what includes they have so that I will be able to
13 figure out possible deps.
14
15 The code is hosted at github if anyone wants to take a
16 look: https://github.com/DarkDefender/ebuildgen
17
18 I've also created a blog:
19 http://zeddb.blogspot.com/
20
21 Next week I will make it respect #ifdefs and look at what
22 the specific ifdef pull in so I can link the includes to
23 useflags and hopefully be able to generate a simple ebuild
24 for the media player I currently use, moc (media-sound/moc)