From: "Jiale Pan(Kyle Pan)" <kyle.j.pan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Serkan Kaba <serkan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo/Java integration Project Weekly report #3
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 15:07:44
1 Hi all,
4 ------------------project introduction--------------------------------
5 The project includes an improvement to current java-config and a new
6 eclipse-plugin. The plug-in, which when clicked, lists system installed
7 java libraries for users to select and import into projects. This avoids
8 user manually browses and locates system installed libraries, making
9 developing more efficient and comfortable. The existing tool
10 java-config, with some necessary improvements, is chosen as the data
11 retrieval backend of this project. Jython is used to integrate
12 java-config to the plug-in.This project will mainly benefit developers
13 using eclipse, and due to planned work on improvements to java-config,
14 it will benefit java-config project and even non-developer gentoo users
15 as well.
18 ----------------progress of this week --------------------------------
19
20 1.modified the QueryEnv.java code to call api instead of directly
21 executing the java-config-2-2.6 main script
22 2.changed the query javadoc and javasource option of java-config-2
23 3.did much effort to try to modify the java-config-2 main script to a
24 module for calling in Jython code, but meet the obstacle--distutils
25 automatically add version number (-2.6 and -3.1) to generated script and
26 a script that does not end with .py cannot be a module. Finally
27 discussed a solution with my mentor Serkan--extract the necessary api to
28 separate file src/java_config_2/java_config_2_api.py and this is done.
29 4.Added class containing accompanying Java API that acts as wrappers, to
30 access methods in java_config_2_api instead of directly calling them.
35 Next week's plan is continuing plugin's UI development. Though I've
36 started doing it this week, I put much effort on solving java-config-2
37 modularization issues. Developing plugin UI is not easy as I thought ,it
38 can be considered another milestone and effort is planned for several
39 weeks. I'll focus on it next week.
43 Best regards,
44 Jiale Pan(Kyle Pan)