From: Sebastian Parborg <darkdefende@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Ebuild generator week 11 update
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 20:21:24
1 This week I got quite close to generating an ebuild for a autotools project.
2 Right now I can get all sources that will be compiled, possible
3 useflags and sources that gets pulled in by those useflags.
4 I did however run into a problem where I noticed that I don't respect
5 include flags "-I".
6 The problem is that I grab all sources that I need to scan from the
7 whole project then scan all of the files. This does not work that good
8 when you have a lot of "local" include flags in different automake
9 files.
10 So I'll have to rewrite that portion of the program so that I can
11 separate includes that uses files from the project and includes that
12 uses stuff from outside the project.
13
14 Besides that I also need to solve the problem where I can know all the
15 include paths because of pkg-config and other programs/scripts that
16 generates compile flags with "-I" in them.
17 If there is more than one matching package that provides the header
18 file I'll have to guess. I can also have it try to guess the correct
19 dep by trying to see if the package contains the useflag name if the
20 header file is pulled in by a useflag.
21 If this fails I think I'll just warn the user that all required
22 dependencies might not be pulled in by the ebuild and list which
23 failed.
24
25 Sadly I am now behind schedule. These last two weeks I should have
26 been working on bugfixing and cleaning up code.
27 But now that I've become unstuck I think I'll have at least something
28 useful by the GSoC deadline.
29 I would also like to thank everyone that helped me/gave me ideas when
30 I was stuck!
31 Even if I didn't use the ideas/solutions it helped me tremendously in
32 getting unstuck.
33 Thanks all of you! :)