From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] GSoC 2012
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 03:18:39
1 On 03/19/2012 04:11 AM, kramar wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > my name is Alex Kramarenko, I'm 2 year student of the Computer
4 > Engineering and Informatics Department at National Technical University of
5 > Ukraine.
6 > I would like to participate in GSoC 2012. I'm experienced in C/C++, Python,
7 > Bash. I have used Linux for several years (and Gentoo too).
8 > I'm interested in "libbash" project, but I haven't taken part in GSoC yet,
9 > so I need some guide in this subject. Could you please help me with this?
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance,
12 > Alex Kramarenko.
15 Hi Alex,
16
17 Glad to see you are interested in this project. You could have a look at
18 ANTLR[1] first. This is the core tool that we used to build the
19 interpreter. Knowing about it will help you understand how libbash works.
20
21 The second thing is the git repository[2] that I'm working with. You can
22 find the grammar files and runtime source code over there. After getting
23 familiar with ANTLR, I'm sure you will understand these files.
24
25 BTW, we used C++11 and Boost(not many libraries) in libbash so knowing
26 them will help you understand the code.
27
28 Please feel free to contact us if you have any question.
29
30 [1] http://antlr.org/
31 [2] https://github.com/qiaomuf/libbash
34 Best wishes,
35 Mu Qiao
36 GnuPG fingerprint: 92B1 B0C4 8D14 F8C4 EFA5 3ACC 30B3 0DE4 17B1 57E9