From: Detlev Casanova <detlev.casanova@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: brian.dolbec@×××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Rework porthole for portage API -- week 5
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:09:50
1 Hello,
2 This last week wasn't a google summer of code week, it was a big exam week. I
3 managed to do some work on the pkgcore backend but that was nothing exciting :
4 * Check what functions could be implemented with pkgcore (pkgcore doesn't
5 provide everything we need in porthole)
6 * Have a first look of how actions (install, uninstall, update) will be
7 implemented.
8
9 As those 5 first week have been a bit sparse GSoC wise, I'll try to do my best
10 to catch up the timeline.
11
12 This week, I'll continue working on the pkgcore module :
13 * Implement lib.py functions that can be implemented with pkgcore
14 * implement actions (install, uninstall, update)
15
16 Next step will be to use and debug the portage's api action functions.
17
18 Detlev.