From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] We need your ideas for the Google Summer of Code
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 12:52:33
1 On 02/15/2014 12:51 AM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Hey Denis and Anthony,
3 >
4 > Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 >> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o> wrote:
7 >>> Gentoo + musl. See http://www.musl-libc.org/
8 >> You may want to talk to Benda Xu (heroxbd). I think he used musl for
9 >> his Gentoo on Android project.
10 > musl was on my list last year, but glibc worked smoothly on Android. So
11 > I lowered the priority of musl under the task of RAP integration into
12 > gx86, the latter still being slowly carried on.
13 >
14 > Therefore I don't have much experience with musl.
15 >
16 > Cheers,
17 > Benda
18 >
19 Hi Benda et al.
20
21 More specifically where's what's been done:
22
23 1) I have a stage4 for amd64 and i686 and an overlay for patches against
24 the tree's packages.
25
26 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/hardened-dev.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/musl
27
28 2) These stages need to be properly built using catalyst rather than
29 using my ROOT=rootfs emerge -e @system technique which is scripted here
30
31 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/releng.git;a=tree;f=tools-musl
32
33 3) We should move libc.so from /usr/lib/libc.so to /lib/libc.so (minor
34 but on the todo)
35
36 4) We should create stage3s for the following arches/abis:
37
38 mips I with o32
39 mipsel I with o32
40 armv7a hardfloat eabi
41
42 possibly also mips64r2 with n32 and n64
43
44 Such a project would involve very eclectic skills: from hacking python
45 in catalyst and patching build systems, to working with libc at a low
46 level, c and assembly.
49 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
50 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
51 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
52 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
53 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA