From: Devan Franchini <oot153@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [Report 2] layman improvements
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 04:16:51
1 Greetings everyone,
2
3 Throughout this week, the following progress has been made:
4
5 1.) Added a re-add overlay command line option:
6 * Users can now delete and add an overlay via this command line
7 option.
8 2.) URL Updating has been added for all overlay types:
9 * In particular specific source URL updating methods have been
10 added for the following overlay types:
11 Bzr, Cvs, Git, Mercurial, and Subversion.
12 * For all other overlay types, the new source URL is saved to the
13 installed.xml and then the overlay is synced with the new URL.
14 3.) Overlay type checking has been added:
15 * If the local database reports that the overlay type differs from that
16 reported by the remote database, then layman will notify the user
17 and re-add the overlay via the new overlay type.
18 4.) Already existing code has been cleaned up.
19
20 Goals for next week:
21
22 * Continue refining code.
23 * Add updates the the DTD file to allow for IRC channel details in an
24 overlay's information.
25 * Possibly add custom config type plugin support for RepoConfManager.
26
27 To all interested, the source code and my commits can be found on
28 g.o.g.o or github.com on layman's gsoc2014 branch:
29 1.) http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/layman.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/gsoc2014
30 2.) https://github.com/twitch153/layman/tree/gsoc2014
31
32 Happy coding to all my fellow GSoC'ers.
33
34 With regards,
35 Devan Franchini (twitch153)