From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar3098@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: Gsoc project- Standalone Gentoo Chromebook
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 14:51:30
1 Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar3098@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Hi, I have a couple more questions...
4 >
5 > I went through the discussion on Chromium OS forum (link). You and
6 > Mike were talking about Crostini and Gentoo in a VM on Chromebooks.
7 >
8 > Should i create a Portage Container that runs on crOS by removing
9 > overlay restrictions and run without entering the dev mode?
10
11 You can explore that idea. It's up to you.
12
13 > Replace the existing crOS portage with stable gentoo portage. This
14 > would provide access to all gentoo functionality and thus, helps us
15 > build the tools and packages.
16
17 I suggest you build chromiumOS once, and see what role portage is
18 playing. After that, you will be able to support your idea with facts
19 and real world experiences.
20
21 Yours,
22 Benda