From: Rafael Martins <rafael@×××××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>, robbat2@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Distfile patching support - Weekly report #2
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 17:46:52
1 Hi all
2
3 Quick summary: Improve the performance of the Gentoo Linux mirrors by
4 reducing the overall bandwidth load, allowing people to fetch binary
5 patches from the mirrors, instead of the full source tarballs, when
6 updating some package. This project is partially based on GLEP 25.
7
8 The project is a bit ahead of schedule.
9
10 == Progress ==
11
12 - Implemented metadata storage (called DeltaDB in my code), with
13 information about the deltas and the files used on it.
14 - Reimplemented some bits of the diff generator class.
15 - Reimplemented some small snippets of code, based on ferringb's suggestions.
16 - Created the homepage: http://dev.gentoo.org/~rafaelmartins/distpatch/
17 - Requested a git repo in git.o.g.o (pending)
18
19 == Next steps ==
20
21 - Finish the integration of DeltaDB with existing code.
22 - Finish the implementation of the delta reconstructor script.
23 - Cut some deltas to generate stats.
24
25 I'll need to travel tonight to deliver some documentation at my uni.
26 I'll be partially available during the day and available at the night,
27 until this Wednesday.
28
29 That's all for now.
30