From: brahmajit das <brahmajit.xyz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Week 1 Report for Musl support expansion to support GNOME desktop
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 16:33:33
1 On 19.06.2022 12:13, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > On 6/19/22 12:10, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
5 > > I wrote some python script back in the day which parses out how the .h
6 > > files stack.  I'll see if I can find it and mail it.
10 > The script. Let me know if its useful.
11 >
12 > --
13 > Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
14 > Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
15 > E-Mail : blueness@g.o
16 > GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
17 > GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA
18
19 Thank you for taking the time to read my report. I'll definitely give
20 your script a try.
21
22 I read your other replies too, very valuable advice. The samba and
23 terminal issue is fixed, I've patched them and sent those patches to
24 ::gentoo, maybe I've worded it better (sorry non native english
25 speaker). The reason for taking patches from ::musl or already patching
26 packages present in ::musl is due to a part of this year's GSoC idea is
27 to kill ::musl completely, I have seen the patches at ::musl for samba
28 and only brought in the netdb patch from there, still lot of other
29 things remaining.
30
31 Your suggestion for the gnome-terminal patch seems more clean and "good
32 practice" than mine, I just redefined `W_EXITCODE` in my patch. I'll
33 update that in my patch. I'll have a word with my mentor sam_ and
34 dilfridge about this.
37 The librsvg thing has been bugging me and sam_ for some time now. The
38 most weird thing is, it's working on other distro's like alpine and void
39 while we don't why it's working. Thanks to leio, I tried debugging it
40 but failed and after that filed a issue upstream. I'll try again using
41 increased stack size, as the librsvg maintainer suggested and see where
42 things goes, or atleast that's the plan for next week.
43
44 Reading your reply, you must be the creator of bluedragon project, if
45 I'm not mistaken.
48 Thanks again for the valuable advice.
51 Regards,
52 listout