From: Ashutosh Sathe <2ashutoshbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC'18 : Interest in "Portage powered Android"
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 13:51:50
1 Hello,
2
3 My name is Ashutosh and I'm a currently a second year computer engineering
4 student.
5
6 Quick background : i started flashing custom roms on my device since I was
7 in high school, and I always wanted to build one for myself. So I started
8 learning kernel and rom building from 2016 snd since then it's been great
9 so far.
10
11 With the said background and title, it's clear that I'm interested in
12 portage powered Android. I also read that "Gentoo for Android" is a project
13 focussed on bringing Gentoo prefix to Android. Apart from GSoC I'd also
14 love to contribute to this project as well.
15
16 I'm interested in knowing more about this idea from you guys. My current
17 view is that we have to integrate Gentoo prefix on the top of
18 lineageOS(which I've built a couple of times). I've played very little with
19 Ebuilds right now, but I'll make sure to play enough before applying.
20
21 Thanks for reading ! Looking forward to hearing back.
22
23 Thanks,
24 Ashutosh Sathe
25 https://ashutoshbsathe.github.io