From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] identity.g.o OpenID provider -- weekly report #2
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 08:14:22
1 Hello, all.
2
3 Short summary: I'm working on creating an OpenID provider service using
4 Gentoo LDAP. It will provide a common login service for Gentoo
5 developers to Gentoo sites and other OpenID-aware sites (e.g. bug
6 trackers, blogs).
7
8 Source code: https://github.com/mgorny/identity.gentoo.org
11 Week #2
12 =======
13
14 Status: a bit behind schedule
17 I've been having three exams this week and additional time-consuming
18 activities (also known as waiting in the corridor), so I wasn't able to
19 spend as much time working on the project as I wanted to. However, I'm
20 getting back on track already.
23 Tasks done:
24
25 - Some random cleanup in the application code.
26
27 - Integrated the OpenID code into the main application and merged with
28 dastergon's UI changes.
31 Regressions:
32
33 - The 'login' view lacks the 'explanatory messages' it had in the OpenID
34 app. I simply can't fit them anywhere with the current design. Those
35 messages explained what site is asking the user to log in (give
36 OpenID).
39 Plans for the upcoming week:
40
41 - Implement the proper (or at least semi-proper) error responses.
42
43 - Improve the 'login' view to have all the nice details.
44
45 - Support OpenID simple registration extension (providing user details).
48 I have decided to defer storing preferences in the database since
49 the preferences should include chosen items for simple registration
50 as well.
53 Best regards,
54 Michał Górny