From: Devan Franchini <oot153@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Introduction
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 19:49:40
1 Hello Gentoo-SoC mailing list,
2
3 My name is Devan Franchini, I'm quite familiar with Gentoo as I am
4 a Gentoo developer as well. I'm a college student at D'youville
5 College who is roughly two semesters off from obtaining his
6 Undergraduate degree in Information Technology/Software Engineering.
7 Unfortunately for me that means that currently a large chunk of my
8 time is put toward my education and schooling. Which makes me feel as
9 if I contribute too little to the Gentoo community.
10
11 That, along with wanting to hone my Python skills, has become my
12 motivation to want to work on my proposed GSoC project this Summer. My
13 proposed project consists of adding forwards compatibility to the
14 Gentoo tool, layman. Along with adding new features such as git branch
15 support.
16
17 Throughout my college career I have gained a mass of knowledge in
18 many different fields. My main interests are in system development,
19 such as C libraries. Well, to be honest, as much of an interest as
20 that is for me, I am not opposed to any new learning opportunity when
21 it comes to Linux, programming, or computers in general.
22
23 If my project is accepted for this year's GSoC I would be elated
24 to know that I can take this opportunity to contribute to the best of
25 my abilities while also setting up a foundation to contribute more
26 later on down the road.
27
28 With regards,
29 Devan Franchini