From: Devan Franchini <oot153@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC 2012] Introducing myself
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 18:07:54
1 Hello Gentoo-soc community!
2
3 My name is Devan Franchini, I'm pretty new to Gentoo overall (I had to pull
4 my hair out a time or two setting everything up, which was a nice learning
5 experience all on it's own) but I am more than willing (and looking
6 forward) to learn(ing) more. I am a second semester freshman (Soon to be
7 Sophomore after May 3rd) at D'youville college. I 'm striving for a degree
8 in IT and I always push myself to try and do as much as I can when it comes
9 to learning about computers. I love being able to understand how things
10 work and why they work the way they do. The main reason I enjoy this
11 understanding is because I enjoy having the power to control it as I
12 please, almost like a mad scientist trying to rule the world. Except
13 instead of trying to rule the world I am trying to change everything on my
14 computer to suit my needs and what I want.
15
16 I'm interested in the SELinux Policy Originator because it is something
17 unfamiliar to me and submerging myself in SELinux to do this project will
18 give me a better understand of how SELinux works as well.
19
20 I have experience in Java, C from courses I have taken throughout college
21 so far and I have experience in C++ from classes I had in high school. I
22 believe a strong quality of mine is my adaptive nature and ability to grasp
23 concepts fairly easily.
24
25 Acceptance into Google's Summer of Code would be a tremendous honor and an
26 overall fantastic opportunity to be a part of.
27
28 Thank you for the consideration,
29 Devan Franchini.