From: "John-Patrik (mindbug)" <themindbug@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] QA-website, progress report
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:08:11
1 #### Gentoo x86 QA website - Report #4 ####
2 #### Date: 2010-06-30 ####
3 Name: John-Patrik Nilsson
4 IRC: <mindbug>
5 email: themindbug@×××××.com
8 #### General information ####
9 All the code and documentation belonging to this project can be found on
10 github:
11
12 github.com/mindbug/gentoo_qa-website
13
14 Effort has been taken to keep the documentation consise and to the
15 point. If you think something is missing please let me know.
18 #### Project progress ####
19 This past week consisted of more Django work. An admin interface was
20 added, using the Django built-in modules.
21
22 Also, a new Django application was added, called simple_qa. This was
23 done because the initial models was considered (at the moment) more
24 complex than needed to get the core functionality of the QA website to a
25 working state. This new application uses a simplified model which only
26 includes a search form definition as well as classes representing:
27
28 Package(name, category, version)
29 QAReport(qa_class, keywords, description, Package)
30
31 The data which is output by the pkgcore-checks data importer (in this
32 project) is roughly what is needed for creating the model objects
33 Package and QAReport. Yes, I am taking the easy way for now, it is
34 entirely possible to extend the model definitions further up the road.
35
36 A search page and included functionality was added to the Django project
37 as well, it is now possible to search the Package names by containing
38 string.
41 ### Where to go from here ####
42 Work on the search capabilities of the website. This means getting the
43 search form to display and output the correct data.
44
45 When that is done, I would like to beautify it with some CSS, but
46 perhaps it is more pressing to get the Python data importer fully
47 functioal first.
48
49 The JavaScript will have to wait until last moment.
52 #### Finally ####
53 Project overview:
54 http://github.com/mindbug/gentoo_qa-website
55