From: Amitav Mohanty <amitavmohanty01@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] fast boot of Gentoo
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:57:44
1 Alexander Chekmarev wrote:
2 > Does anybody know a linux distro where no problems with suspend and
3 > hibernate, or we can port it on Gentoo if someone experiences problems
4 > with it. May be it would be more useful to make some changes to kernel
5 > or its modules to make working current fast boot utils. In case if
6 > there will be fast boot within 5-7 seconds, you don't even need to use
7 > hibernate on laptops just to quickly access your system. I know there
8 > are suspend/hibernate scripts in the tree currently, and a kernel
9 > suspend support. What ideas to improve this does somebody have? I
10 > remember I have some troubles when using hibernate script on my
11 > samsung laptop when it wakes up.
12 >
13 > Best,
14 > Chekmarev Alex
15 Well my openSUSE works smoothly with hibernate and suspend.