From: Pengcheng Xu <i@××××××××.moe>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: heroxbd@g.o, bircoph@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Acceptance into Gentoo GSoC 2018
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 07:04:01
1 Hi all,
2 I'm excited that I've been accepted into the GSoC program! Thanks for everyone involved in
3 reviewing and revising my proposal, especially Benda Xu.
4 According to the schedule, I would start working soon, as I won't have time to work on the project
5 during the final exams, which take place in June. So, I'll be doing the following in the coming 4
6 weeks before June:
7     Preparation (1 week): set device up for LineageOS use, building vanilla LineageOS;
8     Gaining control of the system (3 weeks): take control of the kernel and PID1, place Android in container;
9 I hope that that's going to get me through the first evaluations at June 12th. I'll prepare the
10 evaluation materials early, and fill them in once the evaluation starts, and get back to my exams
11 until end of June.
12 And that wraps up my rough plan for the last few days in April and for May. Please reply if anything
13 doesn't sound right. Thanks in advance.
14 --
15 Pengcheng Xu (KireinaHoro)
16 School of EECS
17 Peking University