From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, heroxbd@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 07:14:36
1 Hi Gunwant,
2
3 Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > I was supposed to integrate `bootstrap-init` and `sar-preinit` into
6 > SharkBait this week. I couldn't quite do that. `bootstrap-init` was
7 > initially cross-compiled for aarch64 using NDK. So the first job was
8 > to get rid of NDK and use a different "build-system". I opted for
9 > CMake and ported the project to use it [1]. But the binary compiled by
10 > CMake on my phone (arm64 Gentoo), would not boot Android. The build
11 > rules can be inspected on [1].
12
13 Could you please remind me why we need a bootstrap-init? Can we just
14 exec the Android init when the lxc-guest starts?
15
16 Yours,
17 Benda