From: Jian Cao <sworden.cao@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-soc@l.g.o" <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Cc: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>, Justin Bronder <jsbronder@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC] Weekly Report: June 10 - June 23 - A new framework supports for multiple MPI implementations
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 14:34:36
1 Hi,
2
3 For the recent two weeks, I implemented gentoo-mpi and mpi-provider.eclass basically. More detailed, the modulefiles and eselect files which were done in the previous weeks are initially installed by gentoo-mpi. mpi-provider facilitates MPI packages to modify these files specifically.
4
5 Since the earlier proposed plan by now has already finished, we have proposed a new outline for next few weeks.
6
7 1. finish mpi-provider in next 1-2 weeks
8 2. write MPI eclass to help build applications with possibly optional MPI support after that
9 3. enhancing support for different MPIs
10
11 I plan to implement mpi-provider.eclass next week:
12
13 1. write helper function to get proper unique paths for current MPI implementation
14 2. inherit mpi-provider in openmpi and mpich and then install them in parallel
15
16 Regards,
17
18 Jian