From: Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:41:51
1 Hi all,
2
3 This and the previous week, I have been working on building AOSP's LLVM
4 toolchain for aarch64. tldr is that I have succeeded in doing so, but I
5 have yet to commit my progress at the (yet to be) SharkBait manifest[1].
6
7 Really there are just a couple of things to work on before we are ready
8 to build Android on arm64:
9
10 1. The build process is a bit immature. I will commit the polished
11 changes in a day or two at the LLVM source[2].
12
13 2. While trying to minimize dependencies that AOSP bundles for building
14 LLVM, I noticed that building LLVM requires using libraries from a
15 prebuilt gcc[3]. This is unwanted because we aim not to use any of the
16 prebuilt dependencies that AOSP ships.
17 Therefore this week I am working upon building AOSP's gcc[4] for
18 aarch64.
19
20 Once the GCC dependency is sorted, I will start testing building Lineage
21 on aarch64. I have set a personal goal to atleast start these tests by
22 this week, since we do not have much time left.
23
24 Finally, I would like to thank my mentor, Heroxbd for providing the
25 arm64 server, due to which I could pick up the pace and build AOSP's
26 LLVM on aarch64.
29 Regards,
30 Gunwant
31