From: Mykyta Holubakha <hilobakho@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSOC 2017 introduction: a utility to manage portage overlays
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 17:16:35
1 Hi,
2 I'm Mykyta Holubakha, a 2nd year BSc student in CS and informatics at
3 Taras Schevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine.
4
5 The goal of the project is to enable the user to efficiently manage a
6 local overlay (by adding new packages from external sources or
7 packages from the portage tree to make some edits, etc.).
8
9 You can read the details, including the rationale, in the proposal
10 (might be a draft very close to completion): https://sr.ht/U5M2.pdf
11
12 I've been a gentoo user for over a year, having been involved with the
13 community for a similar period of time, and hope to make the
14 experience better for some users (at least myself) with this project.
15
16 As per requirements, they should be fulfilled now (PRs for somewhat
17 relevant tickets are going to be merged rather soon, though I have a
18 backlog of contributions (can be found in the Github repo or by
19 searching the bugzie)).
20
21 Looking forward to fruitful collaboration,
22 Mykyta Holubakha