From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: patrick@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] gentoo soc openbsd port
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:17:40
1 On 13:40 Thu 24 Mar , heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Dear Patrick,
3 >
4 > I am interested in your proposed Gentoo/OpenBSD project in gentoo soc
5 > page[1], and am planning to apply to work as a gsoc2011 student.
6 >
7 > My main OS is Debian, while recently[3] I made exclusively use of Gentoo
8 > Prefix[2] (being a part of Gentoo-Alt, as Gentoo/OpenBSD) and developped
9 > some basic taste of Gentoo, on x86-linux, amd64-linux and ppc-aix.
10 >
11 > My program skill includes Python, C/C++, bash and a little bit of perl,
12 > lisp. I developped some ebuild skills when patching for Gentoo Prefix.
13 > My GNU/Linux experience is since 2003 with a tiny touch on BSD systems
14 > like FreeBSD, Mac OS X. The main attraction of OpenBSD to me is its
15 > supereme portability.
16 >
17 > I think I am suitable for this project under your mentor. And I hope
18 > after such I can become a Gentoo-Alt developper candidate.
19 >
20 > What is the next step to make a application to google?
21
22 Benda,
23
24 You might want to go ahead and submit an application based on the plan
25 you should have or will soon develop. Hopefully you've been in contact
26 with our BSD/Alt team via their mailing list and IRC channel; if not,
27 consider doing that first. Please follow the below guides when you do
28 apply to improve your chances of success:
29
30 - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/userrel/soc/applying.xml
31 - http://www.booki.cc/gsocstudentguide/_v/1.0/writing-a-proposal/
32 - http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2011/03/dos-and-donts-of-google-summer-of-code.html