From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Adding Portage Features or Wireless Support
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:13:17
1 On 21-03-2011 07:44:52 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > On 03/21/2011 03:21 AM, Colleen Josephson wrote:
5 > > I am potentially interested in the Portage Tags project, or something
6 > > involving improving the wireless support for Gentoo installs.
7 > > Potential expansions to the Portage projects I am considering are
8 > > improving the search speed, and an auto-complete similar to Debian's.
11 > For search speed take a look at app-portage/eix. If auto-completer means
12 > telling what to install to get certain binaries then it's quite hard to
13 > implement because the set of installed files depend on USE flags and and
14 > requires actually building all the packages to get the list.
15
16 In addition, recent Portages have a quite enjoyable suggestion of
17 packages that are similar to the package you entered, but could not be
18 found.
22 Fabian Groffen
23 Gentoo on a different level