From: "Domen Kožar" <domen@×××.si>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSOC weekly report #4: g-pypi
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:21:20
1 I posted status update on my blog:
2 http://www.fubar.si/2010/6/21/google-summer-of-code-week-4-gpypi2
3
4 Plaintext version is pasted here for archiving reasons.
7 ************************************************************
8
9 Greetings, following is the weekly update for gpypi2 project. It's main
10 purpose is to generate ebuilds from Python Package Index.
11
12 Quick links to project info:
13 * Repository, issue tracker
14 * Hudson CI instance
15 * Sphinx documentation generated by hudson on each commit
16 * wiki/user stories for scrum development
17
18 I'm more than happy to announce first pre-alpha prototype. Intended goal
19 is to make people start using the tool and reporting back their critics.
20
21 Install gpypi2
22 $ sudo pip install http://bitbucket.org/iElectric/g-pypi2/get/tip.zip
23
24 or
25
26 $ sudo easy_install http://bitbucket.org/iElectric/g-pypi2/get/tip.zip
27 Create an ebuild
28 $ sudo gpypi2 create flask
29
30 * Generating ebuild: Flask 0.4
31 * Your ebuild is here: /usr/local/portage/dev-python/flask/flask-0.4.ebuild
32 * Dependency needed: Werkzeug
33 * Dependency needed: Jinja2
34 * Generating ebuild: Werkzeug 0.6.2
35 * Your ebuild is here: /usr/local/portage/dev-python/werkzeug/werkzeug-0.6.2.ebuild
36 * Generating ebuild: Jinja2 2.5
37 * Your ebuild is here: /usr/local/portage/dev-python/jinja2/jinja2-2.5.ebuild
38 * Dependency needed: Babel
39 * Generating ebuild: Babel 0.9.5
40 * Your ebuild is here: /usr/local/portage/dev-python/babel/babel-0.9.5.ebuild
41
42 NOTE: ebuilds will probably not function yet, features are yet to be
43 completed/added. Report bugs to issue tracker.
44
45 ====================================
46 Previous week (15-21 June)
47 ====================================
48
49 Main goal of previous week was to get closer to first prototype. Done.
52 Task: First snippet of command line interface
53 Command line interface was added, test coverage is up to 60%. Lots of
54 small fixes were done. As a bonus, I added portage output syntax colors.
57 Task: get_dependencies - another refactor to enamer
58 Multiple operators on version dependencies are handled as blockers,
59 implemented in tip. However get_dependencies was not refactored, since I
60 still might be adding functionality. Not really necessary for now.
61
62 =================================
63 Upcoming week (22-28 June)
64 =================================
65
66 Task: Use SrcUriNamer
67 gpypi2.enamer.SrcUriNamer is awaiting for quite 2 weeks now
68 to be finally used.
69 It's basically factory that generates SRC_URI and HOMEPAGE
70 according to mirror provider.
71 A lot of additional refactoring will be needed to Enamer to
72 use this utility instead of current guessing/parsing.
73
74 Task: Fix bugs reported by users
75 Lot of bugs are going to pop up; fix bugs, write tests and
76 add documentation.
77
78 Task: Increase test coverage
79 I'm still not satisfied with test coverage.
80 I'll try to increase it a bit more.
81 It's 10 days week of exams on my university, soon I will be able to put
82 in more effort in implementing features.
83 Cheers, Domen