From: Mo Zhou <lumin@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC] Weekly Report : May 27-June 2 -- BLAS/LAPACK Runtime Switch
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 11:37:32
1 Hi Benda,
2
3 On 2019-06-04 08:04, Benda Xu wrote:
4 >
5 > If the USE flag is set to be the specified BLAS/LAPACK, we pick a
6 > default for the user, say OpenBLAS, is that correct?
7
8 Yes. And OpenBLAS is a sane choice undoubtedly.
9 Felix Yan had confirmed that Archlinux uses OpenBLAS
10 by default. Specifically, I expect that:
11
12 * USE="virtual-blas virtual-lapack" enables the switching feature.
13 * USE="" means OpenBLAS will be used.
14
15 > Don't be discouraged by the comments. The alternative opinions made us
16 > understand our design choice more deeply than before.
17
18 Agreed.
19
20 Best,