From: darkdefende@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Ebuild Generator week 8 update
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 00:35:27
1 This week I continued working on the autoconf parser for the ebuild
2 generator. The project is on schedule.
3
4 Now I can parse the configure.ac files from both the xorg-server and the
5 "moc" project.
6 Sadly most of this week went into rewriting and planning as there were
7 quite a few corner cases that I didn't know could happen.
8 But with that out of the way I should be able to spend next week just
9 working with the information that the parser now outputs.
10
11 I think I had most of these problems because I don't really know shell
12 scripting and the autoconf docs seem to be written for more adept users.
13 So after looking at some shell scripting crash courses most of the
14 syntax in the autoconfigure files makes sense.
15
16 So for next week I hope I'll have the this structure working:
17 (top row is what files the ebuild generator parses)
18
19 configure.ac -→ Makefile.am -→ <source files provided by makefile.am>
20 | | |
21 v v v
22 variables sources, includes
23 binaries,
24 etc
25
26 I will with the help off the varaibles that get defined in the configure
27 file guess the useflags for the project as they can pull in "EXTRA"
28 sources and/or add more binaries.
29 They will also come to use with the includes as they can be used to pull
30 in more/less includes.
31 I shall (as suggested) look for what variables that gets set with
32 AC_ARG_WITH and AC_ARG_ENABLE.
33
34 With all this information I hope I will be able to generate an ebuild
35 for a autotools project next week.