From: "Jesus Rivero (Neurogeek)" <neurogeek@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Auto dependency builder progress report. Week 7.
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 20:08:53
1 On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 16:29 Fri 15 Jul š š , áÌÅËÓÁÎÄÒ âÅÒÓÅÎÅ× wrote:
3 >> 2011/7/15 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>:
4 >> > For DEPEND rather than RDEPEND ones, we'll want to make sure they're
5 >> > definitely listed in dependencies of the ebuild being used, rather
6 >> > than any level.
7 >>
8 >> The main drawback of hooklib approach is an inability to track what
9 >> files have been loaded while exec call(runtime libraries). Most
10 >> RDEPENDS are naturally filtered here. Fusefs approach logs all file
11 >> system events.
12 >>
13 >> This is a difficult problem to distinguish RDEPENDS from DEPENDS. If I
14 >> look on files accessed I can say if the dependency is runtime, but I
15 >> haven't general strategy. I should watch more building logs of various
16 >> packages to find a way.
17 >
18 > You might be able to use src_test for this. If a package is accessed in
19 > src_test as well as src_configure/src_compile, it's RDEPEND. Clearly
20 > this won't work when src_test isn't defined, but it's a start.
21 >
22 RDEPEND will be tricky to get right, but I like this approach, could
23 work for those packages with tests.
24 We are going to discuss an approach for this and for the filtering of
25 @system, as we need to find a way to get rid of second-hand deps.
26
27 > --
28 > Thanks,