From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: Thiago Macieira <thiago@×××.org>, Thomas Zander <zander@×××.org>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] svn2git (svn:ignore, Summer of Code, Gentoo)
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 23:56:00
1 Hello Thomas, hello Thiago!
4 First of all great work on svn2git: It takies 7 minutes on a repo that
5 git-svn takes 110. Needless to say: the rules feature rocks.
6
7 We noticed a lack of support for svn:ignore (i.e. conversion of changes
8 to svn:ignore over to changes to .gitignore). As we could use that
9 feature for Gentoo we have proposed a project
10
11 Add support for svn:ignore to svn2git [1]
12
13 to the list of project ideas for Summer of Code 2010. I hope that's in
14 your interest. Feel free to further promote this project on KDE
15 communication channels and/or send candidates our way.
16
17 I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
18
19 Best regards,
23 Sebastian
26 PS: As of today we have svn2git as a package "dev-vcs/svn2git"
27 in Gentoo [2]. If you start doing real releases we would like
28 to hear.
29
30 PPS: Current svn2git seems to segfault when passing file:// URLs
31 instead of SVN folders.
34 [1]
35 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2010_ideas#Add_support_for_svn:ignore_to_svn2git
36