From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Fusebox - FUSE Porwered sandbox project
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 18:21:46
1 On Sun, 2020-06-21 at 20:17 +0900, Kaoru Esashika wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > This week, I implemented some FUSE interface.
4 > Therefore, the emerge program can work well on my Fusebox filesystem.
5 > However, I ran into a few problems when we tried to implement it.
6 > I've written about the problem and explanation about FUSE on my blog.
7 > If you interested, please check
8 > https://blog.pluser.net/en/posts/2020/gsoc-milestone-1/
9 > Now I need to integrate Fusebox to the emerge program. But I don't
10 > familiar with the emerge program well, I need to read the code...
13 The questions I'd like to see answered are:
14
15 1. From our talking you indicated that FUSE has both high-level and low-
16 level API. However, the post only hints at it. Could you explain both
17 shortly and why you've chosen the one you've chosen?
18
19 2. How are you planning to deal with the essential problem that
20 the underlying directory tree may consist of multiple filesystems with
21 different files having colliding inode numbers?
22
23 3. How do other passthrough filesystems deal with the same problem?
24 What are the advantages/disadvantages of different approaches you've
25 considered, and why did you chose this solution?
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny