From: Christopher Harvey <chris@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] ventoo patches
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 04:09:06
1 I noticed on the google application form we had to use source control tools
2 and create a patch.
3
4 Here is my patch.
5 this patch applies to the submitted code here:
6 http://google-summer-of-code-2007-
7 gentoo.googlecode.com/files/LuisFrancisco_Araujo.tar.gz
8
9 This patch prevents the line
10 import from data *
11 from polluting the global namespace with variables like 'name', 'logo' and
12 'icon'. Now the variables are referred to as data.name, data.logo and
13 data.icon. Those changes have been made as well. I don't like installing
14 development code on my system outside of package management, so I also added a
15 command line argument to look for an optional config file that isn't
16 /etc/ventoo.conf. This patch, along with local ventoo config file changes and
17 other hardcoded file path changes let me start ventoo successfully from a
18 local directory. There were still some other "file not found errors" when
19 trying to use specific modules, however the purpose of this post is simply to
20 comply with the application procedure and prove that I understand the basic
21 tools for working with this project, not fix the whole thing to run perfectly
22 without a system install.

ventoo.diff text/x-patch