From: Manu Chert <manu.cherthedath@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Euscan update project
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 05:58:25
1 Hello,
2
3 I am Manu Cherthedath, a first year Computer Science student at the
4 University of Toronto, Canada. My proposed project this year is improving
5 euscan. Euscan is a tool currently used by Gentoo maintainers to track
6 upstream updates to packages they are maintaining.
7
8 My proposal is to integrate a auto testing system into euscan so that more
9 of the ebuild update process is automated, this will reduce the amount of
10 time maintainers spend on each package, and allow them to spend more time
11 on some of the more complex packages.
12
13 I have been using Gentoo for the past couple years, will definitely be
14 contributing to it in the future.
15
16 Regards,
17