From: "Filip Gruszczyński" <gruszczy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] archfs - Status Report
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:10:55
1 Project description
2 Archfs is a filesystem that displays rdiff-backup archives in a
3 user-friendly fashion. It is built using FUSE library, that makes
4 possible creating filesystems in userspace. This particular filesystem
5 analyzes given single or multiple rdiff-backup archives and allows to
6 browse its contents.
7
8 Project status
9 Filesystem is already fully operational and provides nearly all
10 features, that were described in application form. It can be already
11 used to what it has been designed for.
12
13 I have resigned from one feature, which is data structures that uses
14 very little memory and retrieves all information from archive. As
15 responsiveness if much more important than saving some memory, this
16 was not very reasonable feature. Instead I have introduced another
17 one, that had been proposed in one of the comments under application
18 form for another distribution. The main idea is to present data from
19 the last increment done by rdiff-backup and allow user to browse
20 through versions of a certain file.
21
22 For the rest of the SoC time I will try to make it possible to run
23 filesystem on different architectures, make it possible to be added to
24 Gentoo distribution and provide possibly high quality of software.
25
26 Timeline
27 10 VII - 16 VII - finishing all main features; basic tests;
28 17 VII - 31 VII - installation and using filesystem under different
29 architectures;
30 1 VIII - 10 VIII - making it possible to add software to gentoo
31 distribution; presenting software to possible large number of users to
32 gather feedback
33 11 VIII - 20 VIII - excessive testing; using feedback gathered from
34 users for fixing bugs/adding smaller features;
37 Filip Gruszczyñski
38 éí¢‹(r§¶Š(® šŠX§‚X¬