From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly report: Big Data Infrastructure, Maven Overlay
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 00:43:10
1 Hi Zongyu,
2
3 Zhang Zongyu <zzy2529420793@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > The first week of GSoC has passed, and I would like to announce what I
6 > have done.
7 >
8 > First, I have fixed some bugs of JavaEbuilder and
9 > java-pkg-simple, and have stored some patches in my overlay.[1]
10 > If there exist more bugs, I will fix them when I meet them.
11
12 Good!
13
14 > On Wednesday, I discussed with Benda and formed the new procedure for
15 > generating ebuilds.
16
17 We have clarified the limitations (written by myself) of the scripts
18 shipped by java-ebuilder.
19
20 Please always Cc all your mentors for discussion regarding your GSoC
21 project in the future.
22
23 > The new procedure should be split into individual parts and be driven
24 > by Makefile. Makefile makes it easy to parallel tasks and recover
25 > from crashes. In a nutshell, it will parse the output of
26 > java-ebuilder to construct a DAG, and GNU Make will resolve the DAG
27 > and regenerate proper ebuild files in parallel. Here is a chart
28 > describing the targets of the Makefile.[2]
29
30 That would be good.
31
32 > On Thursday and Friday, I have patched tree.sh and tested the method
33 > of Makefile. It worked flawlessly.
34 >
35 > This week, I will start to implement different phases defined by the
36 > Makefile.
37
38 Nice, keep going!
39