From: Michael Gilroy <Michael.Gilroy@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Progress: MPI Overlay, Week 9
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 20:22:45
1 Hi,
2
3 *Summary:*
4 1) Continue work on exported functions and respective environment variables.
5 2) Start to objdump (among other things) to try and link against only
6 MPI-dependent libs.
7 3) Continue ironing out bugs and errors from build.log.
8
9 The build.log is looking much better now. I had to travel this week so some
10 other objectives were neglected- I will be making up for this next week
11 when I will get to sit still for a bit :)
12
13 Next week's plans:
14 1) Make helper functions more comprehensive with regards to setting
15 environment variables. Modularize functions to help in more cases than one.
16 2) Finish work with setting up a proper build environement for the src_*
17 phases.
18 3) Test against new version of hpl from sci/ now in the overlay, along with
19 new MPI_TARGETS.
20
21 *Day-by-day breakdown:*
24 *Monday plans:*
25
26 Expand upon mpi_foreach.
27 Work in progress. mpi_src_install_all will need populating.
28
29 Correct repoman errors until repoman is partially happy.
30 Completed. There is more work to be done with regards to repoman, but now
31 it will accept the new changes.
34 *Tuesday Plans:*
35
36 Today my flight got delayed until very late at night, and I did not have
37 access to my testing environment at the airport. Work on this will continue
38 tomorrow- I will also comment on another email thread shortly.
41 *Wednesday Plans:*
42
43 *Correct command not found errors from repoman.*
44
45 Work in progress. Unfortunately, my testing environment I was using is no
46 longer functioning. More specifically: previously I was dependent on having
47 the charger plugged in due to battery malfunctions, but now the charger is
48 no longer working, so I cannot boot up the machine. I've been working on
49 getting a new VM environment up to properly test on.
52 *Update function for RDEPEND contents.*
53 Incomplete. I will be working on this tomorrow.
57 *Thursday Plans:*
58
59 Get the VM envrionment up-to-speed and ready to test on.
60
61 Completed. This should (hopefully) be the solution until the end of summer
62 :)
65 Continue work on repoman errors. Even though the repoman check will "pass"
66 these seem to be critical.
67
68 Thanks to Justin's insight this is finally complete! I need to follow up
69 about this, though.
72 Expand upon mpi_dependencies function.
73
74 Incomplete. I was having some technical difficulties last night with our
75 hotels wifi, which is also why this email is so terribly late, so I will be
76 working on this Friday.
79 *Friday's Plans:*
80
81 Expand upon mpi_dependencies function.
82
83 Work in progress. While it still needs to be more comprehensive and include
84 more from mpi_pkg_deplist, the space checking should be a small improvement.
87 Test against new MPI_TARGETS, or other hpl version in sci/ and add to the
88 overlay respectively.
89
90 I've added the 2nd version of hpl from sci, but I need to test against it
91 more and modify mpi-select accordingly.
92
93 Thanks,
94 Michael