From: Christopher Harvey <chris@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, Luis Araujo <araujo@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] progress report
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:09:04
1 Ventoo progress report #3.
2
3 This week I wrote ebuilds and stabilized my project.
4 Turns out there were a lot of problems with paths (path variables in my
5 project) when I installed my project with an ebuild into the proper
6 parts of a unix system. It took me a couple of days to fix the paths
7 then make everything stable again. It also took me 3 days to learn how
8 to write python ebuild as well as write python setup.py scripts. That
9 pretty much accounted for my whole week this week. (minus weekends).
10
11 I'm happy to say however, that my project is completely ready to be
12 installed on gentoo system, since I got the install process working
13 perfectly, as far as I can tell. Next week I'm going to rewrite some
14 internal code that I'm not completely happy with. There are a few bugs,
15 but fixing them would be putting hacks on top of hacks. Better to redo
16 it now that I know exactly where the challenges lie and I've thought
17 about it all summer as I was coding. Once that is done I'll upload the
18 ebuild and call for testers. I was going to distribute my project now,
19 but I think it's best to make the aforementioned code stable to avoid
20 the slew of bug reports that I already know about.
23 My GnuPGP key at:
24 www.basementcode.com/public_key.txt