From: heroxbd <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: redlizard@×××××××××.nl, abcd@g.o, gmt@×××××.us
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo on Android: Summary for 2013.6.7-19
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:42:23
1 Dear Guy and Gals,
2
3 Gentoo on Android is about running Gentoo natively on Android
4 devices[1], mentored by Luca.
5
6 I should have reported on 6.14, but I was thinking to finish before
7 reporting and couldn't stop. Apologies to this. I will watch against
8 this behavior pattern in the future.
9
10 Here comes to the summary.
11
12 I am ahead of fixed plan now: a usable Prefix/libc solution is
13 completed[2], and is just announced to attract more testers and
14 developers[3].
15
16 Plan for 6.20 and 6.21:
17
18 a. clear out the requirement of cross compile on Prefix and roll out
19 a GLEP draft. We are already gaining momentum on a
20 specification[4] in Prefix community.
21
22 b. reflect more on gcc spec hack of toolchain, discussed today on
23 IRC gentoo-prefix with redlizard and Mr. (surprise!)
24 ABCD. Construct a toy system if time permitted.
25
26 We have accumulated many kinds of wrappers that injects magic
27 command line oppotions in Gentoo Prefix, and Prefix/libc adds
28 even more. Things are getting more complex. By centering all
29 hacks into gcc specs would make an elegant solution, with a
30 by-product of merging {gcc,binutils}-config between Gentoo Prefix
31 and vanilla.
32
33 An example of hacking gcc spec from LFS:
34
35 http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/adjusting.html
36
37 Cheers,