From: "Jiale Pan (Kyle Pan)" <kyle.j.pan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, Serkan Kaba <serkan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo/Java integration Project Weekly report #4
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:25:50
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 The 4th weekly report of project:
7 ------------------project introduction--------------------------------
8 The project includes an improvement to current java-config and a new
9 eclipse-plugin. The plug-in, which when clicked, lists system installed
10 java libraries for users to select and import into projects. This avoids
11 user manually browses and locates system installed libraries, making
12 developing more efficient and comfortable. The existing tool
13 java-config, with some necessary improvements, is chosen as the data
14 retrieval backend of this project. Jython is used to integrate
15 java-config to the plug-in.This project will mainly benefit developers
16 using eclipse, and due to planned work on improvements to java-config,
17 it will benefit java-config project and even non-developer gentoo users
18 as well.
19
20 ----------------progress of this week --------------------------------
21
22 1. Modified all the exception handling code in java-config according to
23 Neurogeek's workarounds. Having consulted Jython Community about their
24 Jython 2.6 plans and after discussed with Serkan, made the decision that
25 I have to use workarounds for Jython 2.6 and 3.1 compatibility, for
26 Jython community did not give specific plans.
27 2. Merged my GenEclipse to PDE project
28 3. Plugin development work: read a lot of docs and Added the property
29 Page for my plugin to project's "Properies"
30 4. Added the preference page for my plugin in eclipse's "Preference",
31 and finished the preference page's UI.
35 The progress is on Plan. So next week's work is detailed plugin UI
36 implementation (especially for Property Page's UI).
39 Best regards,
40 Jiale Pan(Kyle Pan)