From: "Antanas Uršulis" <antanas.ursulis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Log collection and analysis: report for 6.17-24
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 16:00:51
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I'm working on the "Log collection and analysis for the tinderbox"
4 project. It aims to create a replacement for the current solution,
5 which, in short, collects build logs (and other info) from the
6 tinderbox, finds out which of these logs come from builds that failed,
7 and displays them, along with lines indicating errors/warnings/etc. to
8 the tinderbox runner, so that the issue can be investigated, bugs
9 filed, and so on.
10
11 There is a wiki page [1] which currently contains a copy of the
12 original proposal and code will be placed in [2].
13
14 ---------
15
16 I did not anticipate that I would need to run so many errands after
17 exams in university, so the progress has been a bit slow.
18 Nevertheless, here is what I've done over the past week or more:
19 * set up a Gentoo VM that I will use later when I develop Portage
20 integration (in order to keep my main system functional)
21 * started building a skeleton of the server-side components: an HTTP
22 based server
23
24 Being relatively on schedule, my plans for the next few days are:
25 * finish the server so that it treats requests as file uploads, and
26 stores the files in directories based on the client's hostname
27 * write a simple file submission client
28
29 Good luck to everyone,
30 Antanas
31