From: Kasun Gajasinghe <kasunbg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: kiorky <kiorky@××××××××××.net>, Serkan Kaba <serkan@g.o>, Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo Maven Integration - Weekly Report #4
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:15:08
1 -----------------Goal-----------------
2 The goal of this project is to be easily able to write ebuilds for
3 upstream projects that use Apache Maven as the build system. The Maven
4 integration allows to natively use Apache Maven in Java packages in
5 the main tree. The current system work around the support for Maven
6 projects by transforming them to Ant. It generates build.xml via “mvn
7 ant:ant” command and sanitizes that. This conversion too has some
8 problems and needs to fixed. With this project, developers gains the
9 ability to use native Maven support for writing ebuilds and will get
10 full support for using maven-to-ant feature.
11
12 -----------------Progress-----------------
13 Currently, I'm in the bumping process of packages in maven-2.2.1.
14
15 wagon-* ebuilds in the java-overlay is marked as 1.0 though it should
16 1.0_beta2. So, for now I've masked those ebuilds. The latest version
17 of wagon-* ebuilds is 1.0_beta7.
18 the build.xml file generated by mvn ant:ant points to maven local repo
19 for dependencies. (var mvn.repo.local=${user.home}/.m2/repository).
20 This breaks the purpose of having the system repo. So, fixed this
21 issue.
22
23 Bumped/fixed/added following ebuilds:
24
25 bumped maven-artifact to 2.2.1
26 added maven-artifact-manager.
27 added plexus-interpolation.
28 bumped maven-settings ebuild
29 added maven-artifact-test.
30 bumped maven-plugin-parameter-documenter
31 bumped maven-profile
32 bumped maven-error-diagnostics
33 bumped maven-plugin-registry
34 bumped maven-project
35 bumped wagon-ssh
36 added wagon-ssh
37 bumped maven monitor
38 bumped maven-plugin-descriptor to 2.2.1
39 bumped maven-plugin-api
40 bumped wagon-ssh-common
41 bumped wagon-ssh
42 added wagon-ssh-external
43 bumping wagon-http-shared
44 bumping wagon-http-lightweight
45 added plexus-cipher
46 added plexus-sec-dispatcher
49 -----------------Next-----------------
50 Now, I'm at bumping maven-core ebuild. There's enormous number of
51 dependencies that needs to be fixed. One of the depend,
52 maven-reporting-api needs doxia. reporting is optional for
53 bootstrapping maven, but couldn't emerge maven-core with out the
54 reporting-api, because it causes compile errors due to missing
55 packages. So, to bump maven-core, we need to bump doxia first. It's
56 taking a little time. Strangely, the maven-core-2.2.1 tests fail when
57 invoked via ant while they pass when invoken via mvn!
58
59 One more issue: doxia needs itext:1.4 depend, which is no longer
60 available to download. Available versions of it are API incompatible.
61 Need to find a solution for it. May be we have to download and install
62 the jar directly going against the general rules! Any suggestions?
63
64 After this finishes, I'm going to start looking in to bumping all the
65 maven-plugins DEPENDs.
66
67 Regards,
68 --Kasun