From: Liam McLoughlin <hexxeh@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoaster - Week 11 progress report
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 23:13:07
1 Hey,
2
3 One week to go now on GSoC, very much on target to finish on time.
4 Everything on my to-do list this week is completed but for two items
5 (which I'll explain more about later). Here's what I got done this
6 week:
7
8 - Combined daemon and WebUI configs to fix some hardcoded paths in the
9 WebUI I'd forgotten about
10 - Created the initscript to allow the daemon to be run on boot
11 - Added an installer, to setup the database and do a few basic sanity
12 checks on your configuration
13 - Fixed a bug where if the kernel config was out of date, the build
14 would fail, now we'll try to use defaults to keep the build going
15 - Pushed the refactored WebUI, now only templates and the
16 configuration are in the web directory
17 - I'll be posting to gentoo-dev immediately after posting this report,
18 to take suggestions and bug reports
19
20 Two things obviously missing from there from my to-do list. Firstly,
21 the KDE config. This has proved a bit of a pain in the ass to get
22 working, and I'm very unfamiliar with KDE. However, this would be
23 trivial for someone else to add, and I'll happily add a config to the
24 repo if someone sends me one. The other thing which is missing, is the
25 new artwork. I've discovered that actually I'm terrible at creating
26 logos, so thankfully, DarkDefender (another GSoC participant) has
27 offered to create a new logo for the project which will make it into
28 the repo in a few days hopefully. This is all just cosmetic stuff,
29 functionality wise the project is ready to show off to gentoo-dev.
30
31 Usually at this point I'd detail what I'm doing next week. However,
32 being that it's the last week, it doesn't really require a list, since
33 it's just one item. Fix any bugs that are reported (and no doubt
34 there'll be lots to keep me busy...!).
35
36 Regards,
37 Liam