From: Pavlos Ratis <dastergon@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] identity.gentoo.org: final report
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 09:46:47
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I am working on Gentoo Identity, an LDAP web UI that aims to be a
4 general-usage application that will allow users - developers -
5 recruiters - administrators to configure their attributes easily from
6 Gentoo's LDAP server.
7
8 This is a list of features that I implemented:
9
10 * View personal information
11 * View Developers Lists / Former Developers List / Foundation Members
12 * Personal Settings
13 * Profile Settings( Name, Email, Timezone)
14 * Contact Settings ( Website, IM, Location, etc.)
15 * Email Settings
16 * Password Settings
17 * Gentoo Account Settings ( Recruitment bug, mentors, planet feeds, etc)
18
19 My plans for the future are:
20
21 * Developer search for anonymous users
22 * Use memcached in combination with Celery to improve caching
23 * Add Gentoo's voting system to Identity
24 * Better Groups management
25 * Document more things
26 * Improve front-end
27
28 And many other improvements and features.
29
30 Identity needs more work and tests before it could be deployed. When
31 we finish with the most of our tasks and see that Identity is ready,
32 we will deploy it. However, Identity will be available as an alpha
33 version for selected users and developers only until we finish the
34 biggest amount of features that we have in our lists.
35
36 It was the first time I participated to GSoC and I really liked it. I
37 gained a lot of experience and expanded my knowledge. I'd like to
38 thank my mentor, Theo (tampakrap) for his guidance throughout the past
39 months and his suggestions. I'd also like to thank MichaƂ (mgorny) for
40 his suggestions and his collaboration that we had all these months.
41
42 Source code for Gentoo Identity: https://github.com/gentoo/identity.gentoo.org
43 Patches are always welcome!
44