From: Antonio Murdaca <antoniomurdaca@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC18: Interest in Rust Support Project
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 17:37:53
1 Hi everyone, my name's Antonio, I'm attending an online university in
2 Italy (Uninettuno), studying to get my BS in Computer Engineer.
3 I'm not a gentoo-full-time-user yet, but I'm slowly getting there
4 since I love the project.
5 I work for Red Hat as my daily job as a Senior Software Engineer,
6 mainly around containers technology (I'm a Docker Core Maintainer as
7 well). I usually code in C/Golang and I'm comfortable writing bash and
8 python. I'm a Fedora Packager for various packages in there as well.
9 Recently (~6m now) I got in love with Rust and I started using it for
10 various personal projects as well as trying to use it withing my daily
11 job as well. I would really love to make Rust a first class citizen in
12 Gentoo but I'm a complete newbee about ebuilds (slowly catching up
13 with them actually).
14 My complete profile is available at https://github.com/runcom/ as well
15 as on Linkedin.
16 Forgot to mention, I'm an open source lover :)
17
18 Cheers guys!
21 Antonio Murdaca