From: Pavlos Ratis <dastergon@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] identity.gentoo.org: report #12
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:13:15
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I am working on Gentoo Identity, an LDAP web UI that aims to be a
4 general-usage application that will allow users - developers -
5 recruiters - administrators to configure their attributes easily from
6 Gentoo's LDAP server.
7
8 This week, I finished the basic documentation and pushed it to
9 Identity's repo. Also, I performed a basic penetration testing. Thanks
10 to Django which provides good security protection out of the box,
11 Django is hardened by default from some basic attacks( XSS, Directory
12 traversal, CSRF). In addition form built-in validation improves
13 security more and prevents LDAP Injections.
14
15 My plans for the last week are to improve user settings and add more
16 fields. Finally, I will perform a final profiling before the hard
17 'pencils down' now that mgorny and tampakrap implemented context
18 managers and improved django-ldapdb.
19
20 Source code for Gentoo Identity: https://github.com/gentoo/identity.gentoo.org
21