From: Corentin Chary <corentin.chary@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Interest in GSoC Euscan project
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:13:38
1 On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:03 PM, fox <fox91@×××××.no> wrote:
2 > Hi everybody!
3 > I'm Federico Scrinzi, an Italian guy interestend in Django, Python, web
4 > technologies and the Rubik's cube.
5 > I've been a Gentooist for nearly 5 years and I'd be really proud of
6 > contributing significantly to the project.
7 >
8 > I'm really interested in the Euscan project and I think I could give a
9 > good contribution to it. I've experience in Django apps, Celery,
10 > performance improving and caching tools.
11 >
12 > At the moment I'm attending the second year of my Bachelor's in Computer
13 > Science at the University of Trento (Italy) but in my freetime I work as
14 > a developer/researcher at FBK (http://fbk.eu) in SoNet (Social
15 > Networking) group and I contribute to a lot of open source projects.
16 >
17 > I had a look at the euscan source yesterday and I submitted a small pull
18 > request https://github.com/iksaif/euscan/pull/1 to get a little bit
19 > familiar with the project.
20 >
21 > I hope to get involved in the project for my Summer of Code and get to
22 > know a bit more of the Gentoo community, until now I only submitted a
23 > very few patches for some ebuild.
24 >
25 > I follow the "Talk is cheap, show me the code" approach so probably my
26 > code will speak for me :)
27 > https://github.com/volpino
28 > http://www.linkedin.com/in/fox91
29 >
30 > Thank you in advance for the amazing opportunity!
31 >
32 > Federico Scrinzi
33
34 Hello Frederico,
35
36 Thanks for the merge request, I pulled it this morning :).
37 Students can now send applications, so you should write one or/and
38 send me a draft so we can discuss what you'd like to do. I'm also on
39 #gentoo-soc most of the time, so feel free to ping me.
40
41 Thanks,
44 Corentin Chary
45 http://xf.iksaif.net