From: "David F. Newman" <dnewman@×××××.com>
To: Josh Grebe <squash@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] sparc64 userland
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:26:08
No, I have no reason aside from pure geek value.  I was under the,
probably false, impression that sparc64 executables could move data
around faster.  i.e. doubles could be loaded in fewer clock cycles.  So
I have 2 questions that maybe you can answer,

1) Is the only advantage to a sparc64 executable access to memory larger
than 2G per process?
2) Assuming yes to question 1, then what is with the hype with 64bit

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 16:44, Josh Grebe wrote:

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] sparc64 userland Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>