From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Re: [gentoo-dev] xorg-x11-6.8.0-r4 to go ~arch -- ~sparc OK
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:34:58

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Donnie Berkholz wrote:

> Hey everyone, > > If anybody has good reasons why -r4 shouldn't be unleashed upon the > unsuspecting ~arch users, respond to this (on-list please) before 0000 > UTC Wednesday. Why then? Well, my finals will be over, so I'll have time > to deal with the expected deluge of reports. >
Sparc should be OK; it's been working fine for me for what seems like forever. I'm rebuilding; with luck we'll be able to get rid of that DeprecatedKeboard-if-kernel<2.6 mess. NOTE, esp. sparc people, some patches required for USE=dlloader and so also USE='dlloader hardened' --- read and apply patches from Bug 61063. Also, sparc only, if you haven't seen this note from Donnie, please make sure to read the rest of it and the extensive xorg-x11 ChangeLog before proceeding.