From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] 2.6 kernel development
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 01:22:40
1 On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:14:22 -0500 Jason Williams
2 <jason.b.williams@×××××.com> wrote:
3 | The dilemma here is that I much prefer gentoo sparc in every other
4 | respect than the kernel (well maybe speed of getting a running system,
5 | but that I understand and am willing to deal with - that's gentoo in
6 | general;-). Why is it that their 2.6 kernel is so great while gentoo's
7 | is so unstable?
8
9 Because you're running it on different hardware which doesn't happen to
10 be affected by any of the weird unfixed bugs. The kernels are just the
11 same.
14 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
15 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
16 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm