From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] 2.6 kernel development
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 01:22:40
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:14:22 -0500 Jason Williams
<jason.b.williams@×××××.com> wrote:
| The dilemma here is that I much prefer gentoo sparc in every other
| respect than the kernel (well maybe speed of getting a running system,
| but that I understand and am willing to deal with - that's gentoo in
| general;-). Why is it that their 2.6 kernel is so great while gentoo's
| is so unstable?

Because you're running it on different hardware which doesn't happen to
be affected by any of the weird unfixed bugs. The kernels are just the

Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at
Web             :