From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: "'gentoo-sparc@lists.gentoo.org '" <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] ALSA support on sparc
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:34:20
1 Keith M Wesolowski writes:
2 > What part of the word "Excluding" is unclear? If ultra1 is not in
3 > USE, the patch is excluded, meaning not applied. Since the patch is
4 > only for U1E systems, not applying it is the correct result.
5
6 Yeah, the coffee hadn't kicked in just yet. It's still before 10am here.
7 :-)
8 I tend to read things backwards before lunch, anyway. Keeps people
9 on their toes.
10
11 Anyhow, the build is done for 267-r16
12
13 $ time make all
14 real 62m54.319s
15 user 61m0.960s
16 sys 3m9.060s
17
18 maybe I should enable some parallel making, eh?
19
20 kernel boots just fine.
21 alsa sound appears to load correctly (fixed device name -- snd-sun- prefix)
22
23 keyboard works now. yay!
24 mouse is working, although because I disabled hotplug in the kernel,
25 the sermouse module no longer auto-loads. d'oh!
26
27 Hmmm.
28
29 No sound out of the speaker -- alsamixer shows everything unmuted.
30 mp3blaster "plays" my test mp3 (3:17) in about 15 seconds.
31
32 curiouser and curiouser.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature