From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] OT: From gentoo to Solaris
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 06:02:44
gentuxx wrote:
> > I've tried this, except I think I used "bs=1024". Still no joy.
Drop the bs= and count= bits, and let dd overwrite the entire drive with 0's until it runs out of space. Might take a few hours, so pop a movie into the DVD player and kick back while dd wages a scorched earth campaign on the drive. If Solaris refuses to work even after that, then it's broke, and it will just further prove that Linux is superior, for t3h win. --Kumba -- Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] OT: From gentoo to Solaris gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com>