From: alexmcwhirter@×××××××.us
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Cc: diro@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] LDOM available on T5120 for Gentoo devs and portage maintainers
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:02:13
1 On 2016-07-20 10:37, diro@××××××××××.org wrote:
2 > Greetings,
3 >
4 > Just a short note to announce that an LDOM is available to Gentoo
5 > developers and portage maintainers who wish to further the OS on
6 > sparc64. My
7 > initial experience with Gentoo under this setup has been documented
8 > here:
9 >
10 > https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7945996.html#7945996
11 >
12 > If any would like access to this system, please let me know.
13 >
14 > Best regards,
15 >
16 > rodent@
17
18 As far as i know, I'm the only one here actively working on SPARC.
19
20 The biggest issue that you have is that the current gentoo SPARC cd is
21 quite old. It really doesn't work all that well on any sun4v gear. I
22 have newer unofficial ISO's, stage3's, and profiles that support a pure
23 64bit environment on sparc. Hopefully i can get those pushed upstream
24 soon enough.